Sunday, 16 October 2011

Have I got a post for you..

I got the honor of meeting Bret Hart. He really is a nice guy, although he seemed exhausted. My little brother and I woke up early and left the house around 8:30 to get there. We saw him and he autographed my History of the Intercontinental Championship DVD set (that I need to review), but seemed surprised that his match with Roddy Piper wasn't in it. He gave my little brother an autograph and we took pictures. I came back to get my sister an autograph. It was a five dollar donation per autograph but I think it was worth it since it was for the March Of Dimes, a charity that supports stroke victims. That's way better than William Shatner who (IIRC) was charging 80 bucks at Fan Expo, presumably for himself.

I've only ever met a few celebrities...I met Bea Arthur when I was eight...almost met Shatner..then my friend's girlfriend wanted to meet Tom Felton, but I didn't want her to be alone, nobody else was willing to go up with her to meet him in the food court of Fan Expo. His body guard declined.

So yeah, I didn't pay an arm and a leg to meet some has-been, but rather made a small donation towards a good cause and got to meet a Legend! I've met local tv stars from Royal Canadian Air Farce (show that spoofs politics through skits, kind of like SNL) and pretty much all of them were stuck up, except for one of them.

I should probably mention I've had the opportunities to meet both Ted Dibiase Jr and Bushwacker Luke...both whom I care very little about.

It was a good experience, so if you're a Hitman fan and he comes to your area, I encourage you to meet him. He's a down-to-earth, humble guy. If you're new to wrestling, I encourage you to check out some of his matches...especially against the British Bulldog and Mr. Perfect. These two matches in particular show you how well rounded the Hitman really is, though all his matches are something to marvel at.

Oh yeah, and the pictures;


2 comments:

  1. Eddie MountainGoat23 October 2011 at 22:34

    It's good to read about a successful wrestler who's actually a decent guy. You hear about so many of them who are ego-junkies, or who can't tell the difference between their on-screen persona and their real life. A well-written post, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for posting man. He really is pretty cool...and from what I understand, Cena, Foley, Edge, and R-Truth seem like the only other non-ego junkies, although I'm sure there's some other nice guys out there.

    Orton, from what I've heard is a complete ass.

    ReplyDelete