Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Recent Thoughts-John Morrison Released and Growing out of the Rock

(I know I should be doing my data management, but I couldn't hold off on writing this. Besides, its been a while. I just got back in touch with my old friend Linnea and saw her blog....it inspired me to write this)


Alright, so, as you may know by now, John Morrison's release was made public knowledge, which was mentioned again and again on programming. The reason, although not explicitly stated, is believed to be because of his girlfriend telling him to snub Trish. Although I feel Melina was a decent performer, from what I've read (for a lack of better terms) she is a batshit crazy whore.

I don't like to use profane language, but I felt that was called for. So called for.

Anyways, John Morrison's release was only known to nerds (such as myself), crusing around the internet, until Zack Ryder posted an episode of his show of JoMo entering a car, only to have it blow up. I don't need to tell you this is fake..but it was symbolic of his fate in the WWE. Weeks later, The Miz destroyed him in a falls count anywhere match, and the 'E buried Morrison. He was apparently beat up so bad that John Laurinaitis, Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, released him. Not only that, but Funkman felt the need to 'wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors' and according to his twitter, offered him the crappy t-shirt that's now available online at the WWE Shop.

Seriously?

I am a huge fan of Morrison. Always will be. I feel its tacky to just kick someone on the way out, but many people that I've talked to feel this is their way of saying "Hey, if you lost the 120 lb Banshee hanging off your neck, we'll have you back." I think that it's very possible that this is a work, like Daniel Bryan getting released, only to come back at Summerslam 2010.

Seriously though, get rid of Melina, John....for a fact, she cheated on you with Dave Batista. And Mike Knox, according to Val Venis.

(I have to gouge my eyes out because of a mental image)

There's no love. But, I know how hard it is. I know what its like to be in denial about someone you're with.

I also know what its like to be in denial about someone you once looked up to. Which brings me to my next point.


Growing out of the Rock.

It was only a few months ago in which I really couldn't grasp why my friend PsychoBlue didn't like him. After scratching my head for a while, I dismissed it as PB being nuts.

While he might have his own reasons, I can tell you why I don't like him anymore. The Rock is announced as the guest host for Wrestlemania 26 and as soon as I found out, I called one of my best friends Mark and belted out "IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...."
And like a bunch of marks, we were pumped. I returned from a vacation in California and ordered the PPV with a few friends. They all stood up in his chant of "AND THE MILLIONS!" Long story short, aside from greeting everyone, a few backstage clips, he Rock-Bottomed John Cena and did the People's Elbow to the Miz.  I was slightly disappointed, but after HHH vs Taker II stole the show, I wasn't going to complain. Besides, it was Paolo's birthday. We all had fun.

To be honest, sometime between The Rock's satellite promos and Wrestlemania, I started to lose faith. Only a little. The Rock and Cena had a back and forth battle of the wits, which I still feel Cena won. After Cena faced him 'like a man' and countered all of the Rock's arguments and jokes about Cena's lifestyle, all the Rock could retort with was that he was going to "Kick his Candy Ass" At this point, I was still in denial. After all, I quoted the Rock from time to time, told some relatives they "could grab all their friends, family that lived across the street, family from England, neighbors, their money and their luxury cars, roll it up into a nice ball, and shove it straight up their candy asses." At the age of nine, I told this kid who kept talking over me during an arts and crafts class at the local recreational center to know his role and to shut his mouth.

So I'll admit it. I loved him. Past tense.

This was before I realized he fed us lies. To 'The Millions', as he likes to call us,  he claims to have never left, but he can't even promote his own rivalry for this year's Wrestlemania. RAW was going to get Rocked in Boston, and this guy appears for the last 15 minutes of a three-hour special to cut a promo on Cena and Survivor Series. Last year, I figured it was okay. If he was simply guest-hosting, he could be absent.

This year, he's supposed to be a serious threat to John Cena. A threat that never shows up. And apparently, according to CM Punk, when he does, he acts like a snob and doesn't say hi to anyone. He's made these 'returns' before, and trust me, its nothing special. He comes to endorse the next crappy movie we have to sit through, and then he's off, being a tooth fairy.

I'll admit, that at Survivor Series, he was very technically sound and the match was enjoyable. Comparing his technique to Cena that night would be like comparing Coffee from your local gas station to Starbucks. That's not to say Cena can't wrestle, its just saying that Cena could have put more into it.  Money in the Bank anyone?

People say he should have turned heel, but I don't think he would have. I really would have liked it though if he did the Rock Bottom or the People's Elbow to his opponents though. That would have been hilarious to watch.
 
I'm not big on Cena, but I do admire his work ethic and what he does for the children.


Ask the Rock the last time he made a wish for a sick child. He'll probably respond Via Satellite.

No comments:

Post a Comment